Getting a job while pregnant?

Do you think it is possible to get hired while you are pregnant. I am only 8 weeks I could just not mention it but i feel weird about that. I cant stay at my current job. I think they are trying to get rid of me. They have written me up twice in the past month for stupid little things, the business is very slow and I think they are trying to write people up as much as possible to get out of paying unemployment if they have to lay people off.

abs0726

Asked by abs0726 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Just dont tell them ur pregnant. There is no law against that. Also, many people wait until the second trimester to tell there bosses anyway.
    linzhh

Answer by linzhh at 10:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I got a job when I was 14 weeks pregnant. I didn't tell them I was pregnant until after I was hired. I felt a little like I was being deceitful by not saying anything to them at first but I really needed a job and didn't want to take the chance that they didn't want to hire someone pregnant. I'm sure some employers don't care but I didn't want to take that chance.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You have no obligation to tell anyone you're pregnant until you're hired. I went on a job interview when I was around 8 weeks pg and didn't say a word. I would have if I had gotten hired, but I didn't so I didn't worry about it.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• IMHO, I wouldn't say anything. My sister in law lost her job while she was pregnant, and unfortunately she was already showing. No one else would hire her while pregnant (yes illegal but it happens all the time...they just cite other reasons). So, I wouldn't say anything until you're hired.
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2009