My son won't drink from a sippy cup.

My son will be 12 months on the 25th. And I keep trying to get him to drink from a sippy cup, and he flat out refuses.I tried formula, water and juice. He would rather go hungry than drink from one, and advice?

proud_mommy1322

Asked by proud_mommy1322 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried taking the valve off? My son couldn't really seem to get that he had to work for it... took the valve off and he had no problem with the speed....
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 10:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Hello proud_mommy1322,
    Sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble. Did you try one of those sippy cups with a straw. My daughter would not do a regular sippy cup ether. It was just easier to use the sippy cups with the straws. You can get them at any dollar store.(as long as you don't mind going to a dollar store some people don't like them) But seriously give it a try it can't hurt.

beccasmomabcd

Answer by beccasmomabcd at 10:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• my son is super picky with the brands of sippys we buy. He prefers playtex lil eistiens and the nuby ones with the handles. We tried the straw kind and it was too hard for him, he got it but it was too much work. Just keep practicing with him, he might not be ready.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My daughter is16 months and she was like your son, she has gotten better over the last two months. she wanted nothing to do with it, she wouldn't even hold it. I bought the Nuby cup with the straw, that is the only one she will drink and hold by herself.
    bella021

Answer by bella021 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Try the Munchkinz brand sports type drink bottle with the nipple like top or their sippy cups with the soft flexy straw. They come in bright colors. Try leaving the sippy cups out on the floor so your son can pick it up when he feels like it. All you can do is try, and he'll do it when he is ready. Just leave the sippy cups out and take away the bottle and he'll get the idea. Does he like drinking from a glass? You can always go that route to get him off of the bottle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2009