Work out DVD's ...

I had a baby 9 months ago and am still holding on to some pregnancy weight ... not a lot, but enough to bug me when I get on the scale. I tried doing the gym thing, but I really don't have the motivation to go there after work.

I have some work out DVD's but wanted to get some more advice from you all. I have Gillian's 30 day Shread, but I really dislike her voice. I don't find her motivating at all. I see some for Tracey Anderson and saw she was on Oprah. Anyone have her DVD?

What about Yoga? I was thinking about doing some at home. I have a mat and enjoy it, but don't like going to the Yoga Centers because I don't feel comfortable there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ladies!!

ap9902

Asked by ap9902 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I love Turbo Jam dvds from beachbody.com. I really like Chalene Johnson who does them. I have several of her dvds.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I just bought the Biggest Loser Yoga that just came out. Hopefully that works..lol Have you thought about going to the gym before you go to work?
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• in the same boat with ya.. i have a hard time hitting the gym but im thinking it would be hard with the DVDs to and they all seem so expensive
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 2:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• You should stick to Jillians video. I love interval training which is what she does. I did interval training and pilates after my 2nd baby and got into great shape.
    momluja

Answer by momluja at 10:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I love all of the Biggest Loser videos and they do have a Yoga one that I love. I also love the Crunchless Abs videos, they are only 10 minutes but work wonders. I have a few other random ones that I use sometimes but I have found that the Biggest Loser ones are really great for me. It doesn't feel like I am working out until the next day when I am sore. They go by quickly. They aren't too expensive either. The Crunchless Abs videos are fairly cheap as well. They send me new ones every 2 months and I get 3 videos for like $20.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:28 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Have you tried Tae Bo by Billy Blanks? You will love it!!! It's so much fun and he is my inspiration. I have currently lost about 35 lbs with his videos. They are a little intense but truly worth it.
    Darrymagu

Answer by Darrymagu at 6:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I have 5 Jillian Michael's DVD's they kicked your butt, but i didnt find them fun so i had a hard time sticking to them. I do a Yoga video by Denise Austin. I just ordered today the Turbo Jams 5 DVD set, it looks like so much fun.
    MelissaC76

Answer by MelissaC76 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2009