Baby Showers

Did you put it on or did someone throw it for you? How many people did you invite?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my sister and sil's put it on, but i was consulted on some things. we invited as many people as we could....lol.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My best friend had one for me at her house. But she got promoted at work about 3 weeks before hand, so I did alot of the planning and stuff myself. We invited pretty much every female in my family, and another women I was close to, including my Bil's girlfriend, and all of DH's family. Just remember, the more people that come the more work it will be for everyone, but also the more presents that you will have for the baby!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I guess you could say my mom threw it for me. I don't have any sisters and my other SIL's have kids or are very busy. I helped her a lot, put my input in here and there. It turned out great. We had it at my house and had a restuarant cater it.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• my sister, my boyfriends mom & my friend kelly threw it for me.. I didnt have a say in anything & they kept telling me things got messed up & they werent sure if it was gonna happen... they just told me that to throw me off lol... & i invited about 40 people and two didnt show...we got everything we need plus more!
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My mom and my hubby's one sister threw one for me. There were about 25 people there. We had another at my husband's office. And we had one that a bunch of friends got together and did - there were about 20 people there too.
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 10:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Baby # 1: My Church & my SIL had showers for me (2 different states)
    Baby # 2: My SIL
    Baby # 3: My 21 yr old daughter (baby #1) and my 15 yr old son (baby #2) had one for me & my church had one
    Baby # 4: My church had one for me
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My mom and sis and mil gave me my first and we invited around 25-30 guest. But with this baby I think that we are going to have a baby shower BBQ were men are invited too.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• With my first child I had a shower from my church, and 2 others from family members.

I think it's extremely bad taste to host your own shower. It's one thing to have a welcome home baby party or a "let's celebrate baby with a bar-b-q" party but showers should be gifts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2009