Potty Training...

My oldest son isn't completely potty trained at 4 yrs old. He goes pee in the potty but he won't poo in there, instead he takes his pants off and poos on the floor, like the dog. He won't tell me when he needs to go he just runs and hides and does it. How can I get him to poo in the potty.

Momof2bois

Asked by Momof2bois at 9:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i dont know im sorry..but im having problems with my daughter pooping in the potty. she tells me when she has to poop and i sit her on the potty and she wont go no matter how long shes sitting on it for. she will wait til i get her off the potty and she has a diaper on to go poop. its aggreviating.
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem.. here is what I did and believe it or not it worked! I let him see me sitting there and pooing! I carried on that my stomach hurt and I really had to go.. and that I couldn't get up until I did or I would have an accident and then I couldn't get a suprise! took a couple of times but he finally did! good luck! potty training is soooo aggreating and hard....

alabamamom12

Answer by alabamamom12 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yeah I had no problems with my daughter and she was trained around 2 years old. We made a chart and she got so many stars and we clapped and then she would get a toy. it worked for her, but maybe she was just ready for the whole thing. My next child I may not be so lucky.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Mine is the same way. Completely trained for pee but refuses to poop. I'm making some progress but it was an accident:
    She saw the big birthday cakes at Costco and really wanted one. I told her no and kept going. The next trip to Costco, same thing. I was aggrivated since I don't even know how she learned what they were and I told her that when she pooped in the potty, I'd get her a cake.
    I know, I know. Don't make a promise you don't want to follow through on. Later that day, she pooped in the potty. Not much but the effort was there. She immediately turned to me and said "I want my cake now!" So, off to the grocery store we went. She threw a fit. She wanted the BIG cake for the OTHER store. I told her that when she went "big poopoo" I'd get her the big cake. So far it's working. She's managed to get a little poop in the potty 3 times - each time getting to eat some more of that cake slice.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2009