Just can't seem to find friends

You ladies are so helpful maybe you can help me find some friends for my 13month old and I. I've posted in the local forums on here, tried the mommy groups, it seems like nobody likes us. My son really need some socializing other then me!

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you should try taking him to gymboree or something like that. or you can go to your local town's website and find tons of activities for him that involve other kids.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 9:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I am part of meetup.com. I think it is great! They will hook you up with local mommies and little ones.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 10:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I will be your friend, I'm completely across the country from you but I'll still be your friend :) I'm in VA btw. But really, try going to a local YMCA or gym that has swimming classes or mother/baby fitness classes where you bring your baby to the class with you and see if you can make some friends with local mommies there. Its hard to make friends online b/c no matter how much they act like they'd love to meet you, everyones lives are so different and schedules are different and people can be shy in person but not online. Best thing to do is just go out and don't be shy. Take your son to the park and if he plays with another child chat with their mother and maybe set up a time to meet at the park again so they can play together and don't be ashamed, let them know that you just don't have many friends with children and you'd like for your child to be able to socialize, we've all been there before and can understand.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 10:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Have you done a mommy search in your area here on Cafemom? I just moved into a small town and found a few ladies that way.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• see if your local library has a books and babies program. we go every friday--they sing, dance, play music, read books, etc. at my library they put out play mats and toys, then all the kids get on the play mats and the parents sit around the edges of the play mats. it's really cool and a good way to have my kids around other kids. after going for a while maybe you'll meet a mom/kid that you and your son are compatible with and can start hanging out. good luck!
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2009