HOW CAN I GET MY BABY BACK ON THE BOTTLE?

I NEED HELP GETTING BABY BACK ON THE BOTTLE, SO HE CAN STAY WITH MY MOM WHILE I GO TO WORK.ANY ADVICE? PLEASE HELP. HE WON'T TAKE IT AT ALL I'VE TRIED ALL TYPES OF BOTTLES AND NIPPLES.

nancy121308

Asked by nancy121308 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried just handing him over to grandma and leaving? Babies will often refuse bottles from mom but take them when mom is absent.

Or how about a sippy cup...he's well old enough for it.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• if he is hungry enough, he will take it?

also, why are you yelling??
    Anonymous

• Try offering the bottle BEFORE he gets too hungry. A hungry tired baby will frustrate easily. Lay the bottle nipple next to his mouth and let him take it in like with the breast. Try offering it while walking/rocking/swaying etc.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My son is breastfed and used to refuse a bottle from me- he would take one from my mom though once I left.. he wont let himself starve.
    Anonymous

• Other moms have great points, you need to leave he wont let himself go hungry also I would use a bottle that supports nursing like breatflow bottles the old playtex drop ins or the gerber nuk bottles
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• my first son was like that too what i did was get him on the pacifier first then the bottle... when i breastfed him at night i would switch out my nipple for the pacifer i did that for 2 weeks ... after that when he woke up at night i started giving him the parten's choice nurser with the plastic linners
    nancy121308

Comment by nancy121308 (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010