shes driving me insane!!

okay my DD is 8 months old and she has started this new thing where she will SCREAM! out of no where and constantly. its like short screams. but omg its so annoying! i change her diaper i feed her i play with her...but its lke she still wants more attention. idk what her deal is! anyone else go thru this?? shes a fiesty lil one too. i mean i love her to death and most times shes soooo adorable but lately good grief. my niece did the same thing. maybe its just a phase? idk! help!

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it must be but mine just started and he is 11 months! horrible but he dont seem sad when he does it lol funny huh?
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• is she screaming because she is upset or screaming just to scream? It is very common for babies to scream just to hear the sound of their voice... and yes it can be annoying since you come running to see whats wrong. She may also be doing it to WATCH you come running. Try not repsonding when she screams but my guess is she just likes teh sound of her voice
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• we sometimes yell with my baby. it gets her to stop or laugh unless she is just in a bad mood. lol.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• also my son was VERY colicky up until like 3 weeks ago seriously spent 90% of his time awake crying. I bought those really great ear plugs and I would just watch him but not being able to hear those gut wrenching cries helped calm my nerves a bit. If its really driving you crazy wear some ear plugs and hand her off to daddy or just watch her with ear plugs in, BUT make sure you are WATCHING her since you wont be able to hear her
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• well i think half the time she does it for the fun of it and the other half shes actually mad. i forgot to mention that when she gets mad or frustrated she will clench her fists and like hold her breath and scream! im like whoa!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My daughter started doing that too, not seeming upset at all, just screaming while she's playing, like you said, short screams. Everyone told us she was just trying out the different tones in her voice and I thought that was silly, but now I think they're right because her screams have changed to more ape man, yodeling type screams where her voice goes up and down a lot!
    MamaMaggie3

Answer by MamaMaggie3 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It's perfectly normal, she's just figuring out what she can do with her voice. Our son has been doing this for a little while now- he's 8 1/2 months. Yell with her, our son really likes it when we do that.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• if you ignor the behaviour and NOT THE CHILD (very important) she will eventually realize that she is not getting a rise out of youand stop ... its the same as when my son was 2 ans a half and came home from daycare saying FUCK.... I was laughing my ass off but still ignored that word and he stoped after a week!!! .. Just do not let her see you getting uptight!! Good Luck girl!
    Moma_bear

Answer by Moma_bear at 11:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2009