At what point should I be worried that she still has no teeth?

I know Im probably worried for nothing, but my daughter is 8 months old and still has no teeth. I know there are cases where they actually have to cut the gum in order to get teeth out, and I am of course freaked out that she'll have to have that. So when should I be worried? Is it okay she still has no teeth? And if she has no teeth do I have to wait longer to feed her regular food? She already eats puffs and she chews them with her gums, I just dont want to have to wait until shes a year old to give her regular food if she has no teeth. (sorry about the two part question)

Amanduhpanda

Asked by Amanduhpanda at 11:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i wouldnt worry until your dr tells you to. my dd was 8 mths when she got her first tooth, and in a matter of 4 mths, she had 12 . she'll have plenty of teeth before ya know it!
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 8:01 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• id take her to the dentist at 1yr and talk to them or ask ur doctor at the next apt did u know some babies are born with teeth weird huh?
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• yeah, i worked in daycare and there was a set of twins that were both born with teeth. It was definitely weird!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My son was 9 months before his first tooth came in, then it took 3 more months for his 2nd. Just give it time.
    Anonymous

• My wee baby's teeth FINALLY popped through at 8 months. Her siblings got theirs at 5 or 6 months. I wouldn't worry, I knew a baby who didn't get any teeth until he was 11 months old and has a very healthy smile now!

flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 11:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• my daughter still doesnt have any teeth. she turned 8 mos. on the 1st. i think she is trying to cut them all at once. lol. i am not too worried.

does your baby chew on things and such? mine sometimes even tries to chew on my chin lol. its hilarious. she is so great.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• yeah she chews on everything! and she drools a ton, but its been like that for months
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• if she doesnt have any by 18 months take her to the dentist, you still have plenty of time!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i would wait till 1 yr and then take her to the dentist.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• my husband didn't get a tooth til 11 months, his brother got teeth at 4 months.... our son got his first 2 teeth at 7 months and i got my first tooth at 7 months... i wouldn't be too worried, babies do things all at different times.
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 2:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2009