Unhelpful doctors?

I understand I am not even 6 weeks along yet, but I've been experiencing a lot of problems with bleeding & nobody will even talk to me about it, including at the ER. I have been told to stay on bedrest until my appointment on the 17th, but thats all. No "it's gonna be alright" or "this may be bad". Nothing. The blood changes from light brown goo, to full on red blood (no clumps or clots though). But no matter what, they tell me nothing other than to stay in bed & wait til the 17th. Is it normal for them to not do or say anything? I had one ultrasound at the ER but even then it was just to take a picture, said there might be something there, & thats it. I feel like they just dont want to talk to me, or worse I feel that theres something wrong & they are ignoring it. Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do to calm down?? I know stressing is bad, but thats way easier said than done...I'm really freaking out... =(

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They can not tell you for sure. There is nothing that they can do to prevent miscarriage. You are really early into your pregnancy. THey don't know if it will be alright, they don't know if it will be bad. Unfortunately you just have to wait and see. WOrrying is just going to make it worse for you and your baby.
    Anonymous

• getting crappy with them. be firm. explain to them that you have already called before. tell them that you are tired of not hearing anything. tell them that you need to know if this is going to be okay or if it could be bad. tell them you need to know more than just to wait. that is a long time to wait. and i would be very scared and upset. i would call and see if you could get your appt. moved up also. i have learned that sometimes, it takes getting assertive to get what you want from a hospital.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• some people still get there period when they are prego. If i were you i would call them up and comand some answers or possible outcomes to all of this for tell them you are scared and confused they should be telling you something
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• go to another er or back to the er and stay there until they give you the care you need.Dont let them make you wait until you appointment. you need an doctor now.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• they may not know but they can at least tell you that hey we dont know because of these reasons and that it could be this, this or this, or even any number of things, but just telling you to wait is frustrating. i understand your aggravation
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• go to another dr. i had a dr. like that with my 1st baby and i ended up in bad health due to his none responseve bed side manner,get a new obgyn..
    Anonymous

• hope everything goes good god bless u ill pray for u
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• call a midwife. ...you're likely to get an earlier appointment. and she/he may be more wiling to give you their professional opionion.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• thank you guys. im guessing its just the care you get when you dont have "proper" insurance (i use state issued insurance). that also means its a lot harder to find a new doctor, especially quickly, not many of them take it around here. i think i might try another ER though. thank you all.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• shouldn't matter if you have state insurance or not they should still treat you right i would say your best bet is too go too the l&d hospital in your town if they have one and go too the er department of them and let them know what is going on where i am we have a hospital just for birthing and they are so wonderful state help or not they treat everyone with care and most of the staff understands that mommys are going to get scared and they help you calm down and explain all that is going on and let you know what to do and if it is something bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2009