Medicaid Questions.....

Okay, so its not a big deal, but i think this is wierd.

We just applied and got approved for my Step daughter and step son to get medicaid as their secondary insurance. We applied because their daddy is laid off/unable to work. However, Medicaid is grouping them with me. This benefits us because it means they should be able to get their stuff paid for from the past 3 months because I have been on medicaid because my daughter is only 8 months. since its grouping them with me however, i have to call to change my program back and re-request to keep my same doctor as well as call and make arrangements for them to keep their doctors.

Is this wierd? I wouldnt think they would be able to do this since the kids are legally not mine (I am not married to their daddy - we live together and might as well be, but we aren't).

aly38914290

Asked by aly38914290 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I think you are all on the same case because you live together though. That is probably why.
    Anonymous