why is formula behind the counter at wal-mart?

Anyone know why it's with the cigarettes? Weird.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Probably because people steal them.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It's because people were stealing it. At least that is what my walmart told me when I inquired.
    my3turtles

Answer by my3turtles at 11:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• are walmarts formula is out every where not behind the counter never herd of that
    prob tho for its so expensive
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Are you kidding me? Well it's been two yrs since I bought formula. But that is CRAZY!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 11:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• So people don't rip it off!! You must live in a bigger city, maybe? They don't do that here, but when I went to a bigger city I was soooo confused I couldn't find the formula anywhere, so I asked and there it was behind the counter:)
    Anonymous

• that depends on the store you go to and where in town it's located. i live in a "rougher" part of town, and the grocery store right down the street has formula, pregnancy tests, etc... under lock and key. it's because of theft.

i rarely shop there, but the store about 5 miles away... has formula on the shelves
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• it's not behind the counter at my walmart.
    Anonymous

• It's behind the counter here at Food Lion, Kroger, and at Wal Mart..I know at the Food Lion it is because of thefts. The thieving is so bad if you want to return something, you need the receipt AND they have to pull up surveillance video to confirm the transaction actually took place.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Because people do grab and runs, they grab it, run and then sell for a few dollars less then the store.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It gets stolen, not only by people who want to feed babies. It also is used for cutting some illegal drugs.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2009