Do you think people who are on welfare should have to take drug test?

Most employers make their employees take random drug test, if they fail it they get fires. So why not drug test people who receive welfare, call them in randomly to test, if they fail we take away their check.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• should children be punished bc of parents actions...and what drug(weed. crack, meth...etc.)

Should parents be high on drugs?  WTF has this world come to?  It's ok to take taxpayer money to pay for social programs?  But then we reward those on Government assistance by NOT have them live by STANDARDS or RESPONSIBILITY?  How is THAT looking out for the children?

Some are wooried about Overloading the fostercare system? Maybe the threat of losing these children would wake these parents up to get the help they need? If not? These kids deserve a better chance at life than to be in the care of a crack head.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:53 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Perhaps only if they are convicted of a drug charge in the past, but I'd think otherwise itd be some sort of invasion or something - I'm always weary of new regulations. Logical as they may seem.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 12:02 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• YUP! If I have to take a drug test to make a living.. they should have to take a drug test to take my living!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Very good question OP! YES they should be drug tested! My husband has to get drug tests done when he gets promoted or in an accident w/ the company car and he also has random drug tests. It's only fair that people who are using taxpayers money should also get tested JMO!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yeah. I was on welfare for awhile and I absolutely would have submitted to a drug test. I don't do drugs. I have nothing to hide, test away.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Hmmmm. i never thought about it but i dont see why not. ...after all, they are recieving government assitance and drugs are against governmental law. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• this ? sounds very derogatory..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Everytime somebody gets a bright idea that actually makes sense, somebody else says "it sounds very derogotory", and it isn't PC or it might hurt sombeody's feelings, so we musn't do that. If people need help putting a roof over their heads and food on their table, they also need to do without that $20 bag of dope, then they don't have to worry about passing a random drug test, because they bought the kids some underwear with it.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:15 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• That is a GREAT question. My only concern is that this would starve alot of children. Otherwise, I don't see why not.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:16 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes I do. My hardworking husband has to take drug tests at work to earn that money that gets paid into welfare, I don't see why the recipients of that money shouldn't have to take one too.

And I don't mind our tax dollars helping out the less fortunate, but I sure a shit do mind my tax dollars going to someone who sits on their ass doing drugs while my husband is out busting his ass to make money to pay into that welfare program!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2009