Homesexuals and their genetic make up...? No bashing Just Curious..

My sister mentioned to me something about genetic make up in Homosexuals..or that they are genetically made up differently? But that doesnt seem right to me and Im just curious is this true? B/C I know Im straight but what if I just decided to go gay.. (ill never I dont agree with homosexuality) but would that ALL of sudden make me genetically made up differnetly?

Im just wondering? No bashing please .. Im just curious?

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 12:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You really can't jut "decide" to "go gay."

You're born that way or not. There seem to be three factors, and not all three have to be present.

1. Wiring of the brain.

2. Chromosomal difference.

3. Conditions of the maternal womb. (Homosexual men are more likely to have older brothers, and usually more than one. The theory is that the presence of male hormones in the womb during pregnancy can make changes that make a woman more likely to give birth to a gay son in the future.)

Answer by gdiamante at 12:07 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I don't believe there is anything "scientifically" different from homosexuals than straight ppl but I so believe that some people are just born "gay". My cousin is a perfect example. From the day he was born he was just a very femine boy. His older brothers would be outside riding bikes and playing in the dirt and he was inside playing dress up and Barbie's with me. He was always a big "momma's boy" and always had tons of girl friends but not many guy friends. Low and behold he is 23 now with a boyfriend who he lives with in Chicago, and is pursuing a career in Broadway Theater. Not to generalize that all "gay" ppl choose this path but it was just one of those things that we've always known about him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think there is still a debate on this, I believe it is a choice. I've been with women and, I decided to be heterosexual. I believe you can decide to be gay. I do not think there is a different genetic make-up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• diamante, there is absolutely no actual (scientific) proof that any of that garbage is true! ZERO, ZILCH, NIL! Those are just theories some one came up with to excuse homosexuality!
    Anonymous

• yes, im just curious because my sister said that to me.. But Sometimes she just says things and guesses .. so i was curious
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think its both behavioral and genetic for so many reasons I don't feel like typing it all.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:13 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think that's bogus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• it has to do with the epigenome
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• There is some debate as to whether homosexuality is a "choice" or is hardwired into our genetics. Homosexuals are not considered genetically "different", They just have a different gene or chromosoma defect (sorry to offend, not my term) or anomoly. They other side believes it is a choice, but who would choose that life with all the discrimination. I think the big problem people have with homosexuals is the sex part. Hetros can't get that image out of their heads when faced with a gay person. I just learned a lady I work with and consider a good friend is gay, is she no longer my friend? Yes, she is still my friend. She hasn't changed. She is the same person she ever was. Homosexuals think about sex about as much as heteros, but when faced with a homosexual heteros can only pictures what they do in bed! WTF (pardon my french).
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 12:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Everyone is born with a choice. but i believe gay people are born with the choice to either live with what they are truely happy & comfortable with (being with a same sex partner) or living alone or they can live a very unhappy, uncomfortable, unfullfilling life in a straight relationship.

I just dont understand why so many people (especial straight people) have so much to say about gays. its not your life! :) and for those that are so against it, i say prepare yourself because what are you gonna do if you kids or even your own partner end up coming out of the closet!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2009