Does your SO lie...

about the dumbest things. I mean I've been married for a year and a half now. My husband lied about eating BK (come on!)...is THIS what I have to look forward to forever!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Naw. as far as i know my DH doesnt lie to me about anything. INFACT sometimes he tells me things i'd rather not know or things that would be better left as a surprise. ...He's just too honest.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:07 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Haha. About a year ago I was about to put DH in therapy or split because for about 1wk I just kept catching him in lies! STUPID lies too! And yes one of those lies consisted of him eating at a fast food place--he tried telling me he went to his grandmas! well guess what grandma called while he was on his way home & she seemed like she hadnt talked to her grandson all day so .. ya..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• mine lies about stupid stuff too. it makes me second guess everything he tells me.
    i_luv_my_baby

Answer by i_luv_my_baby at 12:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Mine tries too but I know by the look in his eyes every single time he lies to me whether its stupid or not!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yeah i feel ya been married almost 5 years an he lies about everythin.. ill ask if he had dinner and he will say no even if he eat on the way home.. I would ask what the 10$ charge on my card was and he would be like i dont know.. then when i asked again he would say gas. and i would be like how did u need gas i just put gas in your car yesterday... he would come up with stupid stuff.. like he forgot to turn the car off and left it running all day.. just stupid things.. its like he doesnt know the different from the truth to lieing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• LOL forgot to turn the car off!!! HAHAHAHA that is hilarious
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My husband is not a good lier. So no he doesn't lie about stupid things.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• my SO doesnt lie to me, I dont know how you ladies can be with men who lie (no offense) the way he sees it is hes all grown up whats lying gonna do for you?... NOTHING!!!
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:53 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• absolutely yes! about little dumb stuff like eating fast food, how long it took him to fall asleep, whether or not he gave the baby a bath. i really kind of think it's a bit of a control thing, coupled with a lack of foresight type of thing. it really does drive me up a wall, but so far as i can tell, he tells the truth about important stuff. i don't approve, but it's definitely on the mend.
    and breezy- they all do it! maybe you just haven't caught him yet ;) jk LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My ex did that. I never understand why until it all fell apart. He would lie about what lake he was fishing on or how many cigarettes he smoked. It was ridiculous stuff! Then I found out he was cheating. My mother said (she is a psychologist) that a lot of times when people have HUGE lies (like cheating) they are always telling little lies to cover it up. Lying becomes a habit, almost like a strange addiction and they lie about things that do not matter. I am not saying your husband is cheating but it sounds like you need to take a deeper look at things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2009