My Huband still wants to hang on to his decease wife clothing, which was hanging in my closet, am i wrong for getting him to put them somewhere away, at least out of my closet!

His first wife died 8 years ago, he says it's for the children to be remember her. It made me felt uncomfortable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• oh you are not wrong at all by at least requesting they not be in your closet...Having another womans clothing in your closet is a big deal. If it is for the children then it should be talked with about with him and them and ask them what they would like to do with the clothes. Put them in a safe box in a safe place so the kids can have them but dont let them hang in your closet...HOnestly it would really creep me out no matter how much she meant to him or how long she has been dead. Just try to be sensitive sense it seems like he really has them more for himself than the kids, so he's still attached to her.
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 12:32 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Ew, no you are not wrong! I would not want to look at her clothing everyday when I went to get dressed! If he wants to keep them, fine, but not in my closet!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Nope you're not wrong!! It's time for him to move on and put them in storage, if not donate them. The children are going to remember their mother through pictures and memories, not through clothes!!

Time to move them out:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Thats a tough one. I'm not sure its right to say whats right/wrong unless you've lost a spouse. I personally would buy a special box for her clothes. Something nice and not just cardboard. Then things are at least put away. That might make both of you happy.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:28 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• They need to go into storage at the very least.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:29 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Its wrong you have no say so he does and his kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Awww thats really sad because what if that were you who passed away 8 years ago? Thats how I would think about it. Its very sad to even thank about loosing someone who you were deeply in love with and I wouldnt be suprized if he still is in love with her, as funny as it sounds but she was taken from him so thats really tough for him no matter how long its been since she passed. Shes not coming back so I wouldnt really be worried about any thing but for your husbands sake, let him keep her things so that he doesnt feel like hes got to choose over you or his dead wife. Im sorry if Im being so blunt but Im just trying to get my point accross. Good luck and I hope you do the right thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I agree with you anon 10:43 its sad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I don't think you're wrong but I can understand what you're saying. My brother passed away 3 years ago and my sister in law still has all of my brother's clothes. Her b/f doesn't really like it but it is her decision and as she says, it's HER house. Unless you've lost a spouse, I don't think we can honestly answer this question. Maybe you could be a part of the "packing away for the kids". Buy a nice box- like a keepsake box (not a cardboard box) and give it to him. Explain the clothes will "last longer" if they were packed away and kept safe for the kids. Maybe also mention adding some of her other keepsake things (jewelry, pictures, etc) in there to give to the children when they got older. This way he will think you are sensitive. I wish you luck!

BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I wouldnt make him get rid of them but they would damn sure not be in my closet tell him they need to be put in storage!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2009