Period after miscarriage probably TMI...

I think I am or have started my period, but 4 weeks ago I had a missed miscarriage. Its a brownish light flow( very light.) Plus my husband and i havent been using pretection and are still TTC. Is the period after an early miscarriage supposed to be like this?

liltxnchic

Asked by liltxnchic at 12:29 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 3 Weeks since my miscarrage im still waiting so i dont know but i also heard you can get pregnant before your period
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 12:32 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• You can get pregnant again before you have your next period, so I would maybe check that out. It happened to me, I had a miscarriage at 6w and then got pregnant again right away. If you're not pregnant it could still be some old pregnancy hormones affecting your period. I know most Drs will recommend waiting 3 months before ttc again, partly for your body to get back to normal and partly for emotional reasons. I didn't wait, I was ready emotionally to be pregnant again. It probably depends on how far along you were. I also had a miscarriage at 12w and it took longer to get back to normal cycle-wise after that.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2009