dilation and effacement?

ok i was a fingertip dilated and not effaced at all on saturday
as of today (wednesday) i am 1 cm dilated and 30% effaced...does this mean anything? like could i progress fast?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was 30% effaced and 2cm dilated about 2 weeks before I had my son, so it could be soon, but it could take some time. You're nearing the end though! Wish you the best in your birth
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• First baby, I doubt it. Could take weeks still.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Around two to one week befor my son was born I was 100% effaced and %50 dilated. I dont think this being your first baby has anything to do with this because this was my first as well and I went into labor when I was only 38 weeks pregnant exactly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• it can be fast even ur first i was like not even one and bout 2 1/2 weeks later she was out GOOD LUCK
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 1:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Well... dilating is when the cervix actually open up, and effacing is when you cervix are getting thinned out... And to be honest, I'm asking the same question... could it go fast? Lol... I've been 3 centimeter dilated since this morning, but I'm not effacing at all... Ugh! Doc says that he expects me to give birth by this week end, but I'm thinking that its going to be a little after that...sadly.
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 1:45 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I was dilated to a 2 and 90% effaced for like 2 weeks, so anything goes really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2009