Wisdom Teeth

Next week my husband is getting all of his wisdom teeth pulled. Has anyone had experience with this? Will he be able to work after or should he probably ask for the rest of the day off?

cantwait071909

Asked by cantwait071909 at 12:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Health

• he should probably take the rest of the day off...my experience they put me under to take out all four teeth. i was in A LOT of pain afterward with gauze packed in the back of my mouth and blood dripping out when they got full of blood. Plus I was barely out of the drugged state and dont even remember the drive home (my mom drove). Depending on how bad it is for him he may even want the next day off since the bleeding can continue on for a while and painkillers are your best friend
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 1:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes,he will need to take the day off. Do you know if any of the teeth are impacted? makes a difference on recovery time. My son recently had his all four out,two were impacted and had to be cut out. He was given heavy duty pain drugs to come home with and was knocked out to do the surgery. At least one day off,depending on how he handles it all. Good luck!
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 1:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• thank you ladies that really helped :-)
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 1:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2009