Is this good or bad news??

I went to the doc today cause DH and I are ready for number two. She took my BC out and told me the lining of my uterus was still thin from the IUD and that I should wait two months(also taking prenatals for those two months) so the lining of my uterus can thicken. I know I should listen to her, but I want to be prego ASAP. I think it will be hard for me to wait. DH says if she says not for 2 months than he will not let me for atleast two months. But I dont get why some women can get prego back to back but I cant have a baby and 16 months later try? My mom got prego with me when my brother was 2 months old...and she was fine. I know I should listen to the doc because she is a close family friend and she wouldnt lie to me, but what could it really hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Getting pregnant sooner than what you should could result in complications of the pregnancy and lead to miscarriage or preterm labor so waiting it out versus conceiving as soon as possible may be more of a set back for you in the long run since your body was not baby ready for another one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• The likelihood of a miscarriage is greater. Two months isn't long to wait. Just use some condoms and "practice" a lot. That should make hubby's day!
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• When a woman gets pregnant back to back she probably hasn't been on bc and her uterus will be ready for another baby. If the lining of your uterus is still thin, there is less to nourish baby, less for the placenta to attach to. I know it's hard to wait, but you'll be giving your baby the best uterus you can. After all that's baby's home for 9 months, you want it to be the best it can be, the most comfortable, nourishing, safe environment it can be. Good luck!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Your chances of a miscarriage are higher if your lining is too thin. By waiting and following the doctor's advice you will be preparing the best possible environment for your baby-to-be.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:22 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• The lining of your uterus needs to me a certain thickness or you do risk the chance of miscarriage. Nothing worth having is easy...wait and make sure you give your baby optimum chance for survival.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2009