WHAT WAS THE HARDEST TIME YOU HAD TO ENDURE WITH YOUR BABY??? (SICKNESS)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The vomit/diarrhea flu that went on for 10 days while he sat listless for a week and vomited up the ice chips with a 104 fever. Terrifying.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:16 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My 19 month old has been vomiting for 2 days while my 2 month old has been cranky to the max - iam one tired mom
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• when I woke up to find my DD motionless...her eyes were open but she wouldnt move her body, head, eyes...she wouldnt move anything. So I said her name and still nothing. So we ran her to the ER were they put her in the trauma room and she started to vomit EVERYWHERE...they tried alot of different things and then decided on an IV, after 10 she as back to her normal self...she was VERY dehydrated...I dont get how she was fine the day before and then out of no where she was horribly sick...
    She drinks 8-10 sippy cups full of water a day now lol,
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• my 5 month stuffed up nose so bad where if you layed her down she couldnt breath and coughing so bad were it worried me and she stoped breathing once or twice for a few sec. and trouble breathing and then she was on a nubealater or however you spell it pretty much oxygen mask and with aburtacal coming out so it would help break it up so she didnt get amona
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 1:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• When my son had major surgery when he was 4 months old. They told me that he was out and was in the PICU but when I went up they told me that I couldnt see him. I went outside and cried...just one of many hard times i had with my kids.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 1:25 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I dont know if this is a sickness but it is to me.... My husband and I had our first beautiful baby boy two years ago and were so happy to bring him home, well just two days later which was X-eve I started to notice my sons eyes were yellow as well as his entire body. I immediatly called his ped. and he said to bring him in for blood work asap. So after doing that we sat there and waited for the results and his doc. called me on my cell and told me that he needs us to check in right away to the hospital. I had no idea how bad it was untill they took my son from me and told me that I couldnt go cause they had to put in an iv. Thats bull sh** cause I know docs. will let the parents go, it was just that freakin hosp. but any way they come back and tell me that they had a hard time putting the iv in when they just told me befor they took him that he had good veins!!! I'm litterally about to cry because of what my son had to go
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:37 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• continued... through that day. We were there two nights and three days and even though santa visited my son in the hospital, those were honestly the worst days of my life. I cried so hard every second of the day because I could not hold my son unless I nursed him or changed his diaper cause they had the billy lights on him. Not too mention he couldnt look around cause they had this mask over his face so that the lights didnt hurt his eyes. His jondice was so bad that they said his billy level was at a 21 and thats the danger zone as his doc. said. He also said that he could have started developing brain lost had we not taken him in. This was very scary to my husband and I. This was the first and only time I have ever seen my husband cry. He just cried and said that he just wants to take our baby home. The hardest part about this whole thing was that we didnt know what we wre about to go through. this was our first child.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:42 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• When my son was first born, he was born with gastroschisis, which is a condition where his intestines were herniated through is abdominal wall. After being born via a crash cesarean, I only got to hold his tiny hand for a moment before he was rushed to the OR. He had a partial bowel reduction, then had the remaining intestines hung from a silo above his body for two weeks, preventing me from being able to hold him. He had his second surgery at two weeks, at which point I was finally able to hold him, and then at two and a half weeks old, I was finally able to feed him. He was in the hospital for a total of five weeks, and came home a week and a half before my eighteenth birthday. It was by far the most difficult thing I've ever had to go through with any of my children, and it makes my heart break for any mother that has to have a child in the NICU.

prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 2:02 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• my daughter was 6 months old and was sick kept getting Fevers of about 102, I took her in the after hours clinic and the Doctor that seen me told me I was over reacting and its just a Cold this was Wednesday, Well she just wasn't getting better So on Saturday morning I called Her Doctor the nurse heard my daughter couching in the background and told me to bring her in right now, I got there they did three breathing treatments on her, The doctor told me she was too sick for me to leave with her and she was transport to the Children hospital by ambulance, She had RSV her doctor told me she could have Died she was Hospitalized for 5 days, and on Oxygen for another 2 weeks after we left the hospital.
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 2:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2009