Don't know why my baby wakes up crying a couple of times every night.

My baby has just turned 7 months. A couple of weeks ago she started waking up a couple of times each night. When she cries and seems scared we pick her up. She usually falls right back to sleep. She does not seem to have gas or anything. It could be a dream. This is every night. Anyone have any inputs on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Probably a dream...my DD got them all the time. Let her learn to handle it, when she wakes up dont run to her side....give her a second see if she can help herself...if she cant then go to her and comfort her. If she learns to deal with it on her own they will stop.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Is she teething? My daughter did this around 6 months, I thought it was because she was teething. She just wanted comfort. I would pick her up and she'd go right back to sleep. My daughter did this for about 2 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• my dd does the same thing every night! Its probably a dream. just let her be and she should be able to fall asleep on her own. If she cant calm herself just go in there and rub her back to relax her
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:42 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Mine started this a little after 8 mo. - It could be a dream, a tooth, or even a new skill she is mastering (crawling, pulling up, walking, etc.) Give her some time to calm herself back down (unless she sounds really upset or panicked). She'll need to learn how to settle herself back down. Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 5, 2009