Would you "go-green" if it were going to save you money?

Would you use safer products for your family, your home and our earth if it were going to save you money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• if it wasnt so expensive I would. I just cant afford all the "green" products
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:45 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Id do anything to save money lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:48 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes if a lot of the products weren't so expensive to begin with. For instance I had to buy a used Washer and Dryer...its not energy efficient so its not green...but it was dang cheap and I can't afford anything else.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I am going green and it DOES save me money. ;)
    ya just gotta learn how to do it right. that's all. takes a little time, and a bit of reading and learning. but it's not hard. and it has changed my life for the better. I take my "green-ness" to new levels each month or whenver i start to feel comfortable with my new steps.
    Baby-steps. ...gotta take it one small thing at a time.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• the big ticket items are more expensive. But I do a lot of little things that are green AND really help out the pocket book. I use cloth diapers 90% of the time, I make my own wipes, baby food, soap ect. I unplug things that I am not using - saving energy is saving money. I try to only eat locally grown in season fruits and veggies. Little things like that will help both the environment and your savings
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• The store I shop at has always been green, from day one. The products are AWESOME and many are concentrated so I am saving money, and for a single mom of 2, that's really important to me.
    sandymcu

Answer by sandymcu at 7:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think this is called being "resourceful" which is good for the pocket but also good character. Not too many people today know how to be resourceful. Knowing all the little ways to save money or make things go further, or reuseable might end up being a way of life for us all in the future. During the great depression everyone had to be resourceful. I find it fun and a hobby, not to mention ways that it saves me money.

But buying "green" b/c someone labels it that so that they can make money by jumping on the bandwagon? nooo. Someone is making plenty of money on these products. I don't buy them.

"Green" is one of the overused words for everything.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• You have to be informed about green products. If you are using the ones that already have water added, then you are paying more, because you pay for the water. If you are using the concentrated ones and shop wholesale, it doesn't take a lot to figure out that you save money, not only on the products, but on Dr. Appts., shopping, gas, time!
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 4:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I just started going really green when I oined Chartreuse. It's a company (direct selling) that makes nothing but green products! From recycled paper products, shopping bags, cleaning, facial, body, laundry, and baby, they have it all AND its cheaper than the regular non green products and way cheaper than the brand name green products. Check it out here:

www.chartreuseproducts.com/easybeinggreener.html

If you would like to host a party for discounted items let me know. If you would like a sample of the soap nuts (your laundry soap) let me know and if you would like to purchase feel free!

Amber
    Soldier_Mama

Answer by Soldier_Mama at 9:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I am a work from home mom and I am partnered with a Wellness company that distributes eco-friendly products. I do not sell. I do receive a check once a month. Plus my house has no toxic chemicals in them and the products are cheaper than Wal-amrt. I do have a website that you could go to if interested......

http://www.iluvwhatido.com/

This company is a member of the Better Business Bureau.

cstewart0402

Answer by cstewart0402 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2009