my 3 week old.............

Hello my baby will be a month old this sunday and i heard we should give our babies tummy time i just wanna know how long i should leave her on her tummy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just for a little bid they normally get fussy fast

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• until they don't like it normallyabout 10-15min. You have to make it fun get down with them have toys lay on you rback and put them on your belly they will be happier longer 6 months is when they start to be ok with being on their bellies with out you right there doing stuff with them
    lalasha

Answer by lalasha at 2:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• wow, i wish my daughter was like lalasha's! I would have loved for my dd to do tummytime for 10-15 minutes that young! My dd would do tummy time for MAYBE 5 minutes! Usually much shorter then that!! So just try it out. put some toys down and stuff, for them to look at.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:25 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• as long as she wants-- when you know shes perfectly content play with her on the floor. My DD never lasted 10-15 minutes it was usually about 2 or 3. but as she got older the time got longer and now she loves tummy time!! She's rolling all over the place-- (4 months now)
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 3:19 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My son 5 weeks old will do tummy time multiple times a day, time depending on his mood and time of day, mornings he is happiest, so he will go up to 1/2 an hour...Where as the closer it gets to bedtime the shorter the tummy time, not even 10 min..,.. But we do it alot at night to wear him out, lol... He loves mirrors, loves to look at the baby in it, lol... Good Luck! Oh yah, he can hold his head up while sitting in my lap now, the doc said thats because he gets tummy so often, so keep trying!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 7:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• If your baby doesn't like it at first, put her on your belly on her tummy. Looking at mom or dad always helps. =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2009