Have you had a hysterectomy?

I have a condition for which my doctor said I only have 2 good treatment choices for. One is short term (3 years at a time) and the other is a partial hysterectomy.

Any one who has gone through this procedure, could you please let me know what your experience was with this. For example: Have you experienced any side effects? How long did it take to recover? Would you do it again given the choice? How long ago was your procedure done?

Thank you in advance.

olivemonster

Asked by olivemonster at 2:29 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Health

• I haven't, but I knew someone that did. After it she got depressed. And very over weight. We haven't heard from her in years now...
    lara_b

Answer by lara_b at 4:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I had a partial hysterectomy 8 years ago.  My doctor said the recovery time was 6 weeks and I followed her recovery instructions to the letter and practically bounced into her office for my 6 week check.

The only side effects were some weight gain (which I lost) and I'm a little dryer than I was but a little lube goes a long way. LOL.  Other than that,  I feel fabulous!

I definitely don't have any regrets about having the surgery especially considering the condition of my health before my surgery.  I was slowly bleeding to death and very anemic.

If you want to know more feel free to pm me.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:47 AM on Mar. 5, 2009