Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my MIL got away with getting tons of loans behind my hubby's back, the investigator was on her side when my hubby made the police report, what else can we do?

just because the man that let her get away with it, is best friends with her, he backed her up in saying my hubby went with his parents to sign those papers but its all obvious none of those signatures are his, but since the other loan officer backed up my MIL which is also a loan officer they got away with it. She's paying the loans but we atleast wanted for identity theft to be on her record so she wont get hired at banks anymore, what do you recommend? Can we still get a lawyer even though the case closed already? The bad thing also is that the videos from the banks already got destroyed because we found out she was doing this barely this year, and she had done it for 5 years! without us knowing.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • plus the detective should be smart enough in knowing that that man is going to back her up because he doesnt want to lose his job either! if she gets in trouble so will he for letting her get away with it without my hubby even being present, why wasnt the detective smart enough to realize that?

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • get a lawyer, see what he says. If you can prove that the investigator has a personal interest in it you will probably win no matter what. People hate corrupt cops.

    Answer by Amelora at 3:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • You can likely sue. See a lawyer, because she could ruin your credit.

    Answer by gdiamante at 3:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.