what do i do when my kids wont listen and i have tried everything i know?

like when i get on to them for fighting i have tried standing them in the corner or makeing them sit down and hug. I have tried grounding them and takeing stuff away.

proudmom579

Asked by proudmom579 at 3:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have a point system. I use craft popcicle sticks. You get a stick if your good, i take one if your bad. Give alot away freely in the first few days to make them interested.

I then made a treasure box, (aka: tupperware box full of candy and dollar store stuff) if he had enough points at the end of the day, he picked out of the box! Just to let you know, I had started with saying "end of the week' but the reward needed to be more close to the "cause and effect" for it to matter to him.

For fun I even put note cards in the treasure box occasionally. For example " you can pick what movie we watch tonight" or " good for one ice cream cone at Mcdonalds"

I hope something I said may work in your home. Good Luck
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• what my sister does it she has a reward box it has things in it like a game, a story, crayons ect ... things kids like and every time they misbehave she takes something out of the box. when it comes to after diner play time they get what is ever left. If there is nothing left then that's what they get. It is hard work to stick to it, but eventually they get sick of having nothing. and there is both a reward for good behavior and punishment for bad in one step
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 3:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Positive discipline usually works better. Check out 1-2-3 Magic.

Whatever you do...be consistent!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:48 AM on Mar. 5, 2009