What if this was your daughter?

9 year old pregnant with twins after supposedly being raped by her stepfather has abortion against Catholic church beliefs.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,504525,00.html

I am REALLY not sure what I would have done in this situation. Yes, it is murder for abortions. But could the girl have honestly carried them safely?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 3:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have only gotten thru to page 5 but several of you are already saying that you honestly feel she should carry them to term...

I have to ask - do you not see that as a death sentance for all 3? Full grown women have a hard time carrying twins sometimes; how in the heck do you think two babies are going to fit and have enough room to grow inside a child her size? It isn't about just her pelvis and having a c-section. We're talking about her organs not being big enough to be able to expand to the size necessary to support two healthy fetus'. And what damage could it do to her chances of being able to have future children when she is an adult? That's incredibly risky for the 9 yr old.

I just can't imagine asking this child to risk losing any more than she already has...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• abortion then kill the father. actually kill the father then abortion. No one touches my kids
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 3:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• It wasnt her fault this happened to her, and at her age that must have been very hard (as it is at any age) but could you imagine. I didnt even know what sex was let alone being pregnant. If it were my DD I would not only let her I would encourage her. And I would casterate the step father and then slowly kill him over a period of 3 months...lets see how he likes to be raped!!!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:15 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I'm prolife, but I would never put my daughter through that pain.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• He took her choice away and forced her to get pregnant. So give her back her free will, her choice and her family's choice. She and her family should not be blamed. He should be put to death.
    lara_b

Answer by lara_b at 3:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• This is a very sad story, Im very prolife but in instances like this I would have to let my beliefs go, if this was my daughter I would do the same thing, and then go to prison because I would of killed that SOB.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 6:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i consider myself prolife but i am really torn by this...she is only 9.... i couldn't imagine...

i feel for that poor little girl!.. i am kinda shocked at 9 she was even able to get pregnant..when i have a daughter she is staying inside forever!!

in something like this, where he forced himself on a baby (yes at 9 a little girl is still a baby!) took her innocence, i couldn't expect such a young girl to go thu something like this

just like the article says... her u. couldn't hanndle one baby let alone two... i hope they really get him good!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:48 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I find it amazing that people that are pro-life are only pro-life when it doesnt effect them. I am pro-choice so the answer is clear to me. My 9 yr old would never go through this. EVER. oh and there would be another missing f***er out there.,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• This is why abortion is so grey. I do not think it should be used as birth control, which too many woman do, but I also cannot see telling a woman (any age!) that they have to carry that baby to term. I know there is adoption, and maybe some women are equipped to handle that, but some aren't. Neither are some children equipped to ever learn what they were the product of. Unfortunately, as in the case of welfare and FS, the bad apples and idiots ruin it for the people in NEED!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• if i was her or her family (who ever made the decision) i would have got an abortion too ... im pro-choice ... shes 9 and shouldnt have to go through that ... however wen it comes to that sick asshole im not pro-choice , theres only one choice i have for him KILL HIM no jail ... even tho once they find out he did something to a kid they're going to make his life hell , thats not good enough tho.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2009