Designer babies...is it ethical?

Do you think it is ethical to mess with nature in this way? I do not. I think everyone is made in a certain way for a reason.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 3:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it is right to mess with nature, just because you mess around with the sex and eye/hair color doesn't mean you don't end up with a problem child. You know, like a special needs child, ADD, ADHD, Bi-polar, manic depressive. SOOO not YOUR child. Give birth to what God gave you and raise it as your own. (I say this tongue in cheek). We ar raising human beings and not robots.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• What?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:25 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I don't think it is right, but if I could remove a possible cancer gene and replace it with a normal gene, then I would... Or change a disorder or disability... But to 'make' a designer baby is wrong.
    lara_b

Answer by lara_b at 3:28 AM on Mar. 5, 2009