• In the Spotlight:

When TTC is it better to have sex 6 times a day or 1?

I have heard that having sex too much lowers your chances of concieving, but I have also heard it highers them...
Which of these is true?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 3:12 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i always heard it doesnt matter as long as you have a orgasm having a orgasm as many times as u can a day will boost your chance by 80%..

sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 3:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Orgasm??? never heard of orgasm helping my 80%!!! im sorry but i think that is a ball of C**P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• This is a case where less is more. If you have sex too frequently it may actually decrease your chances of getting pregnant because your husband will not have time to produce an adequate amount of sperm if he doesn't get a break.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:19 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Once a day is absolutely fine.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• If you have sex a lot during the day or week you lower your chances as his sperm count won't have time to recoup.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I would tell you not to have sex that much its going to decrease the chances of getting pregnant.. I was told to start baby making your fifth day of your period .. meaning first full red blood day would be day 1 on the fifth day have sex every other day for 10 days .. that is when your most to ovulate!
    good luck ,, it worked for us ...
    seatabugmama

Answer by seatabugmama at 12:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Ask your doctor!
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 2:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I have heard that you should wait at least 2 days in between especially if you are having trouble ttc. AND ORGASM REALLY DOESNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE...Research it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• 1st of you having an orgasm will not up your chances... I asked the doctor and she told me that there is no proof that it has ever helped. My ob told me to have sex ever other day from day 10-20 of your cycle. Like the other ladies said the sperm needs to bulid back up.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 2:38 AM on Mar. 6, 2009