Can I look at my daughters birth facts online with out having to buy the birth certificate.

I want to go online to the department of vital statisics and look at the birth facts to see what is on her birth certificate! I dont want to buy a copy i just want to see whats on there.

samantha_renee

Asked by samantha_renee at 3:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• You don't have a copy? You will need one down the line so may's well pony up the cash. A certified copy will be needed for a variety of things as she grows.

My county does NOT offer vital statistics online. Probably because that's a good way to get identities stolen.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I agree. You should have a copy anyway. (I have to provide a copy for my son to attend a daycamp at our local zoo)

I received one in the mail a few weeks after my sons were born. I never would have thought a mom would have to purchase her own child's birth certificate! I can see if the original was lost and getting a copy...but not even one copy?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:28 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• You need a certified copy. It's probably $15?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 7:07 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• you should get a free copy when it's filed in the mail a few weeks after the birth. After that you have to buy certified copies cause a regular copy will not be accepted as proof.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• There will be many times when you will need to show her birth certificate so I would get it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think I had to pay for my daughters first copy and any others. But it's a good thing to have, so go ahead and buy it. Plus, it's not good info to have online for the public.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2009