stupid question coming up here

ok I just got my nails done for the 1st time in my life 3 weeks ago, I got a cute french mani with hot pink tips and black zebra strips, what the heck is a fill that I need to go back for? Also how do they get these nails off? Does it hurt? And whenI go back can I have a different design and colors done?

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 4:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• a fill is just more of the nail powder put in once the nail grows out a bit. They get the nails off by either melting them off in a acetone bath or grinding them off.. you can also just grow them out. and yes once you go back they can put other things on them
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 4:16 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yay that makes me happy thank you very much
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I used to do nails for a living before I had my son - I love doing them
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 4:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I would suggest when you go to get rid of them, you actually go in rather than buying something at the store to get them off. I got some cheapy stuff that was supposed to take them off, and it didn't go well.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:19 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• ok thanks for that tip I will make sure to follow that tori

amelora what designs can be done or does it just differe between people?
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• it differs between people and what their skill level it. usually there will be a bunch of designs hanging on the wall with different price amounts. You can always google 'nail art' to get some ideas. I was using a lot of stones and hand drawn paintings in my art but I charge a lot for that. Most places do airbrushing so you can pic your design and your colour that way.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 6:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2009