Girl time. To go or not to go...

I am taking my 2 kids to CA in Aug to visit my parents & sisters for 10 days. DH can't go because he's so busy with work. A few of my girlfriends are going for a mini vacation (3 days) to Vegas at the end of Aug & want me to go with them this time. (They don't have kids so they go every year.) DH said I SHOULD go & that it would be good for me to have a few days to myself & with the girls. I feel bad leaving the kids though. DH said I shouldn't because they got a vacation too (to CA) so it's not like mommy gets one & they don't. Should I go?

megs1228

Asked by megs1228 at 6:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Of course! Why wouldn't you? Everyone needs a break!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I'm sure your parents would love some time alone with the kids.

I've never been a big fan of the "I'm the only who can take care of my children and must spend 24/7 with them" - unless they have special needs that you are trained on, everyone needs a break now and again.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• go go go
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• It is difficult to let go but I say gor for it. I had to travel for a week for work (yeah I know not really a vacation) and was terribly worried because I had never been away from my kids and they were 3.5 years and 18 months at the time. After 2-3 days they were both missing mom a little, but I called and talked to them every night and emailed them pics every day of myself for DH to show them. Yes when I got back they were a little clingy, but the trip was enjoyable and good for all of us. If they are both over a year old then I say go for it. If they are under a year then I would wait until next year to join your girlfriends.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:45 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• how old are your kids? im torn on my answer, b/c part of me says GO! Have fun! This isnt an everyday opportunity. Yet, I was supposed to go to Vegas at the end of March, but cancelled b/c I just cant leave my 17 mth old for 4 days, Ive never even left her overnight. Part of me regrets not going, but the other part knows I would have been a nervous wreck and probably wouldnt have enjoyed myself anyway b/c Id be too busy feeling guilty. If they go every year and you arent ready this year, plan for next!
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 7:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• of course you should go. 1. You have your husband's ok and he's saying go 2. all women need a girls time out. It's 3 days. Go and have fun. Hang with your friends and coming back refreshed and relaxed and you'll enjoy your kids more.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Go Girl Go!!!
    LND

Answer by LND at 8:03 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• why not? your still taking the kids on their vaca right? GIRL, get your party on!! :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• You deserve it! I know our culture lays it on,that we women, are supposed to manage and make everyone else in our family "happy and feeling good." But that is a myth that has kept us trapped for a long time. What do you do for you? Go, enjoy fully the time for yourself. It comes few and far between with kids and their needs growing up! I had four, I know!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• You should go. It is an opportunity. Of course you'll miss the children, but it will be an adventure for them. You can call every day. It will be valuable for you to be in a different environment for a while. Have a wonderful time!

Answer by Bmat at 8:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2009