Nude and Co-Sleeping??

First off please do not bash my choice to co-sleep with our son. He is 5 weeks old and sleeps great. Getting up at only 10 for a quick feeding and 3:30 for an hour or two, depending on the time my SO has to get up (uaslly he is up by 4:30) We then sleep untill 7:30-9, depending.... Well my ? is... If you co-sleep do you and your DH or SO sleep nude? I breat feed my son and I am very comfy with my body. Both SO and I sleep nude with our son... My mother in law thinks we are crazy for co-sleeping in the first place, and he should not see us nude...What are your thoughts on this? Please do not bash us though... He will only be co-sleeping untill he is 2 months old. I see nothing wrong with it. He has his bassinet which we use if we need alone time also...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My LO is 5 months now and we still co-sleep. I usually am just in undies cuz DS BFs all night. I also take baths and showers with him. I don't care what people think! I don't see whats wrong with it at all. I've seen my mom naked many times and I'm ok! LOL As kids (4-6yrs old) me and my brother would go talk to her when she was in the bath since it was the only time she was still long enough to talk and we are well adjusted people.
    ZachsAngel

Answer by ZachsAngel at 3:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Infants thrive with skin to skin contact. You are doing a good thing and raising a child who will trust and feel secure with his parents. Don't let other people's hangups about nudity get to you.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 7:37 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• if its only for a couple months i dont see a problem with it.
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 7:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think it's weird, but to each their own. I know my sil wanted to be nude for exactly 1 week after her baby was born. It was really hard for visitors in her case. (because she just stayed in her room and slept while the visitors were stuck watching the baby until her dh would come home, even if the visitors were just popping in for a quick look at the baby).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think sleeping with your baby is fine until a he or she gets used to it and then it will be very hard to put the baby in his own crib! The part that isn't right is sleeping nude with your kid! It's fine to be comfortable with your body, but not with your son in your bed. Modesty never hurts, and starting off on the right foot with your children is very important.
    zee1206

Answer by zee1206 at 7:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I dont think at a month old it is going to hurt anything, and he breastfeeds in public too, do you have a problem with that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I'm all for what you do but the co-sleeping is a big issue. Everyone says they will know if they roll over on their baby but you really can't say that. Just about a week on the news they were talking about co sleeping and infant deaths because of it. I know we all love our children and want that bonding and feeling close to them but I wouldn't risk it. But sleep nude all you want.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• At his age, I don't see a big problem with it. If he were older then I would probably have a different opinion. I agree with the first poster about the skin to skin contact, my daughter always loved laying on my bare belly when she was newborn. Keep in mind though that the longer that he sleeps with you the more difficult time you will have adjusting him to his own bed.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 7:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• First of all, what does she think a 5 mo is going to see!?!LOL!!

No bashing here! I sleep in the buff and dd is 5yrso and still gets in bed with us, SO sleeps in boxers. Dd knows no different and has no issues with her body so far. Of course she LOVES to be naked!! But, has been that way from birth. My mom dies that she still is running around the house streaking!! She wears her dress up high heels and nothing else!LOL!! And pretends she is going to work. I tease SO that she will be a stripper when she gets older!!!!
    pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 8:01 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Um...why does your boyfriend's mother know you guys sleep in the nude? Co-sleeping or not is none of her business, but sleeping in the nude is DEFINITELY none of your boyfriend's mother's business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2009