how do i get rid off my 2 month's cold?

my two month old has a cold.....how do i get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use a humidifir (SP) and be sure s/he is getting plenty to drink/eat in her/his case. Warm comfy baths with lavander wash will help to sooth... other than that, not much. If it gets to be a bad cold call the pedi and see what she recimends over the counter... but I would think she would say to let it run it's course so her body can learn to fight it an dbecome immune... Hope the little one feels better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I agree with the above poster with the humidifier. However, I would go on and put a call into the doc. My daughter had a bad head cold at 2 1/2 months and they tested her for RSV, since it's the season for that. If it seems to be in his/her chest or you hear any wheezing definitely get him/her in there since there's nothing over the counter to give.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 7:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Elevate her head during sleep (we put a towel under the mattress)
    Either a cool mist or steam vaporizer in her room to help break up congestion.
    Steam in the bathroom and suction as needed.
    Saline nasal drops and suction as needed.
    Tylenol (dosage by weight) for discomfort.

With suctioning, only do it if you can see stuff....too much suctioning can cause inflammation of the nasal passages making it more difficult for her to breathe.

There is nothing over the counter to give an infant that young. Not to mention, if there was, it only eases the symptoms, it wouldn't "get rid" of it anyway.

Call the doctor if she's having difficulty breathing, difficulty eating or if you're just plain old concerned.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I love Ocean nasal spray because it is inexpensive, natural, salt water....a quick spray several times a day and it really helps clear the nasal passage and sinus area.
    buffalogirl

Answer by buffalogirl at 8:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Wait 7 to 10 days. It's a virus and it must run it's course. If you want to try to help your child be more comfortabe, see the above responses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2009