Good recipes for my two year old and I to do together

This morning I was cooking breakfast and my daughter walked up and asked what it was. I told her it was hot and no sooner than I said it she touched the pan and realized what I was talkin about. She is always wanting to help me cook and be involved. If anyone has any suggestions for good recipes for us please let me know. Thanks so much

MyGodSent

Asked by MyGodSent at 8:32 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Health

• I usually let my older kid help getting stuff out of the fridge or freezer to help with whatever I cook. I also have him help me mix certain foods and use measuring cups. I don't have any good recipes but I thought they may help.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Make mini pizzas with bagels kids love that. There is a book called princess recipes that she might like. Get her a set of her own cookware so she can sit and stir and play cook while you are cooking something that she can't really help with. Also check the kraft website because they have recipes for kids to get kids helping in the kitchen. Good Luck!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I usto let my kids stir for me, they also got to pour water from the mixing cup, and add things to whatever I was making. I'd let them get me stuff out of the fridge, set the table and get me utensils, bowls or baking pans that I needed. Just any little thing they can do to help. I also usto let my daughter have her own dough when I was making pies or biscuits and she would kneed and roll out her "goodies" too with her own little rolling pen. Just remember when she helps it will be a lot messier and it will take longer, but it's worth it.

INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 8:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• just let her watch and do little things that you are doing anyway! she can cut soft things witha plastc knife, just teach her how to keep her fingers out of the way. dough's are great for kids and so is stirring and breaking eggs. there are many great Jr. cookbooks out there!! @ 4 I was making my own scambled eggs and @ 12 boning and stuffing chickens. maybe she would like to watch cooking shows on the food channel too. You may have the makings of a great Chef there!!! LUCKY!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:22 AM on Mar. 5, 2009