Is this a cheap shot?

Spokesman Gibbs singles out opposing reporters or media personalities and challenges them outright about Obama policies. Is this an early sign they don't like or cannot handle criticism or is the pressure getting to be too much for someone who only liked the buttered side of the bread?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/04/gibbs-takes-gloves-challenge-reporters-hosts-cross-obama/

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No this is not a cheap shot. This is an out and out attack on our freedom of speech. ANYONE that dos not agree with these people is singled out and attacked. They are truly showing the Democrats belief that freedom of speech only applies to them and THEIR beliefs .....everyone else is wrong! I know you will get many people who will poo poo this and say we are bitter...but they need to check out what Mr Hugo Chavez has been up to the last few days............

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Uh, I'll get back to you when Obama gets his own 'journalist' in the White House press room that isn't a journalist at all but a former gay prostitute going under an assumed name. Also, has the President's press secretary or any other aides 'warned' us and the media that they should 'watch what they say these days' like Bush's did? Anybody know?
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 8:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Everyday The Obama's seem to adopt more and more of a "Clintonesque" approach to keeping people in line!

How many "problematic" people were audited (Kenneth Starr), committed perjury (can't name them all!), did fraudulent things, (Sandy Berger) did jail time (McDougals) , or committed suicide (Vince Foster) shortly after their connections with the Clinton's came out with some related scandal?

I predict by the time BO is out, he and the First Lady will be directly connected to just as many if not more scandals than The Clinton's! Heck it's already begun, and he's only been in office for 6 weeks!!!

Here's a quick "refresher" for those who may have forgotten what The Clinton's got themselves into while in the White House!

http://www.io.com/~cjburke/clinton/clinatoz.html

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:12 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

•  

BOTH!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:22 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• LoriKeet, it scares me to think of him having more scandals while in office than the ones that he came into office with. Are we including those too?

and you are right about the Clinton's. I would be sleeping with one eye open if I were involved with any of them.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:25 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Quinn,
    I think we SHOULD be considering the scandals Obama brought with him to the White House (frankly they should have been given TONS of airtime PRIOR to November 4th!!!, but hey, that's just a crazy ol conservative talking!!! lol), as MUCH of his new administration is comprised of the very same shady characters--both in the spotlight and behind the scenes that were or ARE involved in said "questionable" moves.

Anyone care to start their own "A to Z" list?! Shouldn't take long to get through the alphabet!!! But, I'm sure I'll be called racist or a sore loser for merely bringing to light all of Obama's "missteps."
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Let them scream racist lori.I noticed too if you get them in corner it comes down to this......well who cares if he's shady what matters is he is doing whats best for America

LOL
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Obama's team started this preelection...they had a "truth" group that was challenging the media for making any statements about Obama that MIGHT be untrue. I didn't see this kind of opposition when it came to Bush being reelected and he was politically smeared. The media was making love to Obama before he was elected. It's like a sick high school crush.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• army wife, they are still making love to him. Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman practially show their mantasies in their eyes when they speak of him. If it weren't so sick, I would think they were in love.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:12 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

What she said. It's going to take an industrial strength roll of duct tape to shut Rush up though. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2009