Do you think she will change her hairstyle?

So often after Inauguration, First ladies are pressured into changing their look and get those D.C. poofy football helmet type hairstyles. Will LaVaughn submit her current style and go with a traditional DC matronly hairdo or a different look altogether?

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 8:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• that hairstyle is traditional in the black community so no. many AA women wear hairstyles that are called "wraps" all the time.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 9:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think if a public (MSM) type poll strongly suggests she should (that she would be revered more positively and would hush the dissenters), she probably will! The Obama's seem to be concerned with their public image more than what they're doing to the public!!! You know, like......The Clinton's! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I agree with LoriKeet. They do seem interested in image. A LOT!! I also agree that if a large poll says she should. But who knows? It's just hair in the end!! LOL
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 9:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I thought they were called weaves, and they can get pretty interesting. I don't see that happening though. It would make her look too drag queenish. I think she is sporting a Jackie O look to try to convince people that this is the current day Camelot.

They seem like very vain people, but I suppose most public figures do. Well, except Barney Frank. Not much you could do with that. But really, sleeveless in DC during the winter? Someone thinks they are all that and a bag of chips.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• anon what is that a joke? I'm black and I'm pretty sure I don't have a weave and I wear wraps.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 9:40 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• No, I really thought they were called weaves. What's the difference? Seriously, I would like to know. I always thought a weave was when they used foil to highlight your hair (on the west coast), but those on the east coast call a weave something completely different (like those really interesting hair do's).  So, what are wraps?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• lol...ok....a weave is when you had in hair( hair that is bought from a store) When blacks get weaves it's either sewn in or glued in. A wrap is wear you simply curl your hair using a flat iron or curling iron and when you're done you literally wrap the hair around your head. Then when you're ready to go somewhere you just come the wrap down and it usually looks the same as it did when you first curled the hair. It prevents us from having to curling our hair everyday.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 10:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Sounds complicated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• not really.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 10:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Why is this question in politics & current events?

Why not post it were it belongs beauty & style section.

Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 10:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2009