My sweet baby that NEVER cried is turning into the biggest cry baby/ temper tantrums ever.

He NEVER cried as a baby he was soooo good. He'll be 1 next week and now all he does is cry. I'm not kidding. I tell him no. He cries and screams and cries and then he does it again. It's an endless cycle. It doesn't matter if I redirect his attention he goes right back. He grabs his binky out of his mouth and throws it at whatever I tell him no to and then slaps it a million and half times. He doesn't see any of this from us. My hubby and I never yell at each other. He lives in a peaceful environment. But he just DOESN'T get it. And sometimes he does listen thats how I know he understands. Ahhh!
What am I going to do with him?!**

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ha ha welcome to motherhood bailey started that around the same age and she is still doing it im hoping it is her early terrible twos and when she turns two it will stop.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Also- when I tell him no or he gets mad he bangs his head into the ground or wall or anything that he can until he hurts himself!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I have a 2 year old daughter, and the only thing I can say is HOLD ON for the ride-lol. They have their good days and their bad, but try to keep redirecting his attention, or when he finally does listen applaud him for listening to you. We use time-outs now when she does not listen, but your son isn't ready for that-so keep telling him NO-NO and focusing on the positive. You will get through it.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 8:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• He's pushing the boundries, he might have seen this in another child and is trying it himself. I ignored this when my kids did it and they stopped when they learned it wouldn't work. I would suggest that whatever he throws he forfits....like a toy or his binky or whatever, if you do that then he gets an imediate reaction from you for his behavior that he probably didn't expect and won't like. It's a stage like Mandy said and as far as I've seen they all go thru it, so hang in there and keep at what you are doing.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 8:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• ugh i am not ready for this!!!! LOL I miss my sweet little innocent baby.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• wait till he's a teen. and see how you feel you'll want this time back
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Well hes not around other kids so he doesn't see other kids do it. He's such a turkey.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• hes pushing the boundaries to see how far you will let him go. but this is a cake walk compared to terrible two lol
    JuJu_Bean

Answer by JuJu_Bean at 9:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yup!! Mine was great until she hit 14!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• my daughter was like this and she is now 11 and has the bigest tempers ever..lol but your son is just at that age. just get his attention else where and he will stop. he should stop. good luck.
    melissa197829

Answer by melissa197829 at 9:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2009