• In the Spotlight:

Did you have problems after your baby got here?

Our twins are 8 weeks old and it seems like my husband's needs far outweigh mine in his mind! I just went back to work and he said that if I need help during the night to just let him know. But, when I actually ask for help, he's really pissy. He normally has to get up at 4:30am, but for the next month, he doesn't have to get up until 6 or so. Every night regardless, "he needs to go to bed because he's tired". WTH?! I don't get tired?! I suggested we try to somewhat "sleep train" our babies so when he's back to the 4am wake up they will be on a better schedule. He still didn't seem to have any consideration that I may need sleep too. He got frustrated with the twin that wouldn't go to sleep and he went to bed and I was left to tend to her until midnight. Then got up with the other at 4am! Does this make sense? What would you do?! I'm about to the point of blowing up next time I hear about him being tired!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• The first few months with a new baby is SO HARD - I can't imagine it with TWO new babies! Dh and I fought so much it was horrible...sleep deprivation is hard on everyone. I don't have great advice on how to fix the immediate issues, but just know it gets better...good luck
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:25 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My sugestion is this.....Talk to him about it. Don't barate him or yell. Talk! Make sure you do it while the babies are sleeping or occupied. That way you andh im can have undivieded attention time. My hubsand often doesn't know why or even when I'm mad at him. Sometimes you just have to spell it out for him.
    I had some problems like this when we had our second child. He would tell me he would help. But when it came down to it, he would ignore me and conintue to sleep. If I got him up, he would just hold the baby until I was ready. I'v been there, Momma! Don't let your frustration overwhelm you. It is only hurting you!!
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 9:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2009