My oldest always has been afraid of water. The first bath she had we took a pic of it and she was screaming her head off lol. I remember the lady next door us in our old apt. was outside hubby went out to smoke and she asked him what was wrong with the baby? He said she is getting a bath lol.

I took a bath with her until she was 3 she didn't like baths even now 4 next month she doesn't like her face to get wet when you wash her hair she screams, she will not get into a shower, she wont get into a sprinkler in the summer time or sit in a swimming pool lol. Onetime we took her to a swimming place she got splashed in the face she screamed. Are your kids like this??
My youngest doesn't care she is 14 months will go in the spinkler last summer. I sometimes take a shower with her and put her under the water she smiles she places in the tub why I shower she loves them one day I was watching her, but she fell under the water and I got her up she didn't cry or anything she started laughing lol. So is your child afraid of water or do they like water.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my son went through this to. he is 5 now and loves the water. but for the longest time he screamed his head off. i would give him the washrag or puffy and let him wash his face and i would have him cover his face (eyes) and wash his hear. he still screamed his head off till he realized nothing will happen. it took awhile.
    melissa197829

Answer by melissa197829 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My oldest was like this, he eventually grew out of it, I too took baths with him when he was a baby, as he got older we thought it was because he got ear infections easily and the water hurt his ears so he always went in a panic.

You could try putting less water in the tub, try the soap crayons or something like that so she can play in the bath tub, you can get her fancy soap or something special to bath with and even swim with and she can only have them in the water. If she's excited about it she may over come her fear of the water. You do need to reassure her about it everytime and talk with her about what you can do together to fix it.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 9:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My DD was like that until she was a month old..But Loves it now..She has always gotten a bath every night. And now she is 2 and loves to wash her own hair and starting to wanna wash her body alone too. I taught her that it was okay and layback to *float* so when you wanna wash her hair just tell her to float..She is all good! She will put her face in the water herself!

So, no I havent had that problem, Sorry I wish you luck
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 9:29 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think all kids go through this on some level. We have a pool so my kids get over it fairly quickly because they are not allowed near the pool if they are going to scream. They want to be around the other kids so it never seems to take them very long. The rule is if you don't want to be splashed then don't go near the pool. At her age you could try giving her most of the controll. Tell her her face must be washed...so it is either she does it or you will. I think if you force her to do it but give her the choice of how it gets done she will get over herself.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2009