help me my 14 month old wants to eat litterly all day long

no matter what it is. She gets into the closet if it is open and you aren't watching her and gets things out if you take it away she throws a fit and kicks her legs sh acts like she starves which I assure you I do feed her lol. But if her 4 year old sister is eating something and she already ate hers she will snatch hers out of her hand and you take it away she runs from you and then when you get her she starts screaming her head off. She litterly wants to eat all day long. She is 22 pounds and 3o inches tall and 14 months old this is her weight at 12 months. I don't know how big that is the dr told me she was big for her ager, but not to worry about it at this point. People tell me to let her eat as much as she wants, but she wants to eat all the time. Unless she has food in her hand she is throwing fits she trys opening the fridge. HELP ME IS SHE EATING TO MUCH HOW TO GET HER TO EAT LESS AND NOT SCREAM ALL DAY FOR FD

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i don't think 22 lbs. is big. My son is 26 lbs. and is 14 months, and he looks perfect. Hes not hte least bit chubby. My son will snack all day if i let him. Maybe suggest that you don't have food out in visible sight. Only during breakfast lunch dinner and snack times. I got these latches that has adhesive on them and you can stick to the side of the fride and the front of the fridge so they can't open the door (like a seatbelt kind of) and i got those at walmart. Comes in a pack of 2 for 5 bucks. And don't worrk when they get pulled off (when your done using them) the sticky stuff just wipes away. They are great!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 10:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• It's possible your daughter is using food as a control. I would set a schedule for meals and snacks and stick to it. Let dd have a choice of what she eats, but not when. That way she still has some control, but you are still the real one in control. My dd would eat breakfast, snack, lunch, 2 snacks then dinner and sometimes another snack. If you need to do more or less set meals that's fine. Just make sure dd knows *this is when you eat*. I think it's OK for her to eat a lot. Just try to regain some control
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't let my child eat littler- it probably isn't good for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• oops i meant my son was 15 months. almost 16 months :)
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 10:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• don't worry when they get pulled off **** lol i can't type sorry
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 10:28 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• slice up tomatoes or apples what ever healthy she likes and leave them on the table. put a lock on the snack closet so she can't get into it.
    dawninmanch

Answer by dawninmanch at 11:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2009