How do you dress a baby for a funeral?

My husband's grandmother passed away last night. She had dementia and it was for the best.

I have never attended a full Catholic funeral mass. How on earth do you dress a baby for one? I'm having a hard enough time figuring out what I'm going to wear since I'm breast feeding.

AlyKen

Asked by AlyKen at 9:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for babies it doesnt matter. their little just something nice.
    melissa197829

Answer by melissa197829 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I would dress baby comfortable....for you nursing....I would go a bit baggy on your outer top with a tank under it for discreet nursing.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I would find a cute outfit for the baby to wear-- something comfortable. (not too warm, not too tight...).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:51 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Generally speaking a funeral is no place for a baby. If you can have someone watch him that would really be best. If you can't, or if your family would really want him there then just a nice outfit is fine. It's not appropriate to dress a baby in black. A Catholic funeral is just like any other church funeral. There's just more standing and kneeling.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• You might want to find out if there's a quiet room or a cry room off the main sanctuary, just in case baby gets rambunctious or noisy. A funeral mass is a bit long. And if it's followed by a graveside service...even longer because that's where eulogies can be given (NOT in the church).

Answer by gdiamante at 10:02 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I agree with beckcorc
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I would say to dress the baby with white clothes. That's what family would do. I'm sorry for your lost.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• COMFORTABLE, a full Catholic Mass/Funeral can take a while
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Having him not attend is an impossibility considering the only people I trust to watch him will be at the funeral.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 10:37 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• we don't allow children under 12 to funerals i my family, even when i was 9 i could not go to my great grand mothers funeral. so i do that w/ my kids now.
    dawninmanch

Answer by dawninmanch at 10:42 AM on Mar. 5, 2009