Bf giving you advice?

How do you know the difference between your man giving you advice vs. trying to run your life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• You probably already know the answer to this one. Can you tell when someone is giving you advice versus telling you what to do? If someone is giving advice they offer it and may try to make you see their side of it. Someone who is controlling doesn't offer, or ask, they TELL YOU, and they don't care what you think about it.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• If he suggests something to make a situation better, great. But if he is "making" you do it, that's another story.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think if he was trying to run you life...
    he would be on the side of controlling..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Making a suggestion and supporting you either way is not running your life.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 9:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• wen my bf gives me adivce its "what i think u should do is ......." ... telling me wat to do "why dont u ......." or "u need/should..."
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Controlling statements usually sound like a command (clean this mess up, give me a beer, etc). Giving advice is more of a suggestion like "have you ever considered .....?" or like the above poster said "what I think you should do is...." or "what if you did it like this?"

Answer by admckenzie at 12:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2009