• In the Spotlight:

Cervix shortening

I am 29 weeks pregnant and just learned my cervix has shortened to 2.1. Has anyone had this happen to them? Does anyone know how long you can go before giving birth considering the shortening? I gave birth at 34 weeks with my last pregnancy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can go weeks it just means things are shoftening up im 70 - 80 % effaced and im only 32 weeks and they arent really worried right now i dont think you really have anythng to worry about but if you are worried then talk to your dr they would be the best person to tell you just because they know this pregnancy for you and your history
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• You may still make it quite far. But with you already having history of preterm birth I would push your Dr to see what precautions he wants you to take and what he may do about it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2009