Preventing fleas from a friends house when we don't have pets?

How do I prevent my apartment from getting fleas? We don't have any pets but we keep getting fleas. I know that the fleas are coming from my boyfriends parents house. They do treat their pets but they still have a horrible flea problem. They need to flea bomb the house but they refuse to because no one wants to leave the house for that long. Every time someone from over there comes here or one of us goes over there even for just a short period of time we get fleas. I've told them that their fleas are causing a problem for us but they said that they've done all that they could do. I've even tried not going over there but that's hard seeing as they live only a few blocks away and they're our only source of a car right now. I just don't know what to do.

So my main question is, I guess is how do I prevent these fleas from coming into my place? Hell, I'd even s

black_cat86

Asked by black_cat86 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• The only thing I can suggest for you is to buy "Raid" flea killer it has a purple top and I am recommending this because we too had a flea infestation. My in laws lived 2 houses down and we had to cross the yard to come into our home and that is where I believe it started those pesky little things hang out in the grass and when you pass by that is when they latch on to you your clothes oh my god it was terrible. We had to get our yard sprayed for these things but they never go away especially in season for them. I hope this helps. Just do your part for you and your family and maybe you can suggest this for them. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Oh man, it seems like you are going to have to get involved here. Fleas are nasty little guys that multiply so quickly. The parents house needs treatment---period. Maybe your families could have a day outing somewhere while the house gets bombed. Offer to help with clean up etc. Treat their yard as well. There pets should be dipped at a groomers while all of this is going on. They have special shampoo that eliminates the problem without a second visit. Doesn't hurt their skin either. Good luck.
    Anonymous