Has your opinion of John Edwards changed since his confession?

Since he finally cofessed to having a love child, has your opinion changed about him? Personally, I don't have any respect for someone that lies like that. Admittedly, I didn't have respect for him before this though, so my opinion hasn't really changed. It just makes me angry thinking about the humiliation it causes his wife. As if it wasn't bad enough to be scrutinized once, but now twice in the public eye. Even if they had an open marriage, he should do what he has to in order to protect his family from this humiliation.

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 10:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hold him completely at fault for Obama being in the WH. He took votes away from Hillary knowing he had an affair and it was being investigated. Had he left the primaries Hillary would have gotten the Edwards votes and been ahead earlier. I did not want Hillary to win, but would have gladly taken her over Obama when the country was leaning Democratic anyway.
    I don't like the man because of his home issues with his neighbors and what he has been said to do in regards to the lawfirm, but this is just more of his egocentric personality.
    Those sunsetter awning commercials, btw, are horrible too!!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• No, it has not. Who he has sex with is not something that affects my daily life. Actually, a lot of men who have wives that are battling a terminal illness do have an extra marital affair. There are many reasons for this. Many women who have faced a chronic/terminal illness have also cheated on their spouses. An illness dramatically changes the dynamics of a relationship and fears and other issues are so tangable and real that it is very common to cheat. So no I do not judge his situation. It is unfortunate that their personal lives have to be front and center. I wish we could discuss politics and not who slept with who, who is wearing what, or how often someone gets his or her hair done. Talk about the issues and not their personal lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Anon, the media brings it up. I think it does matter. It speaks of the character of the person. Plus the fact, he has now put his family through this humiliation TWICE. He could have just admitted this issue when he was caught with his pants down (figuratively). But no, apparently that wasn't enough humiliation to put his wife and kids through, so lets wait a few months and do this whole thing over again. I would have an inkling of respect for him had he admitted this when he was exposed by the National Inquirer, but if he can't even grant his family some privacy from this debacle, how exactly will he serve the people?  Doesn't give me a lot of confidence that he cares about anyone but himself. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• He is vile. His wife has terminal cancer and he cheats with some skanky whore and has a child with her. He can lie and say it isn't his but he was seen sneaking to see her after he was busted. His political career is over. Having an affair in Washington is not considered a big deal. Cheating on a very sick terminally ill wife is unforgivable. When his wife dies I would not be shocked if he married the skank and finally fessed up. Oh I think he is a skank too.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• No, but I must say that I knew that was his kid. Why lye when it was going to come out sooner or later?
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 10:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Agree anon now none of us are perfect but come on at least try and do the right thing.What is wrong with wanting to do whats right? Does that mean you are a prude now?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I am even open enough to allow that they may have an open marriage. It's the fact that he has now humiliated his family twicethat makes me think of him as less than the dirt under my feet. What an assclown.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I never had any respect for him to begin with so, no it hasnt changed anything.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Edwards was my first choice in the primaries but by the time I got to vote he was out of the race. I was disappointed when I heard about his affair but I don't believe a politicians personal life has any bearing on their ability to govern or serve the country.

I can only name one president who I am sure never had an affair while in office and that's Carter, even he "lusted in his heart". Everyone else is suspect and I honestly don't care. Their sex life is none of my concern.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Seriously though, have you seen a picture of that kid? Not like he could have hid it for much longer anyway. Got his eyes! LOL!!

I had no respect for him before, a liar is a liar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 5, 2009