When buying fruit do you place on the counters or do you put it on the table with a nice basket?

I like putting it in a basket on the table but for some reason there are these gnats that are very annoying and once you think about it I have heard that these gnats are stow aways from the stores that is disgusting. These gnats appear especially with bananas. I have tried putting them in the Fridge but I hate cold fruit it hurts my teeth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yea, fruit on the table in a basket is soo better homes and gardens but the truth is they attract all kinds of bugs. Take the fruit out about an hour before you plan to eat it if it's too cold. Other than that I say keep it cold and only put in a basket on the table just before company arrives. :)
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• We put it in the fridge. Bananas go on the counter though
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• We do the same as krazyash023 ... everything in the fridge, except for bananas.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Some goes in a basket and some in the fridge. I refill the basket as it gets empty.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I use those Green bags.I can't put the bowl or basket of fruit on my table,as one of my cats or my dog would eat them.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2009