what do i do

what do i do i have my father in law staying with us he just has a tomor removed off his BRAIN an now him and his wife are living with my family of 5 and a roommate andi sit at home all day day in and day out and i dont know what to do i do i my husband would do the same thing for my mom and dad so i just know i dont have any time with my kids or my husband and it is irratiting you know if you been through this please help me

brattkatie

Asked by brattkatie at 10:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have not been through this..but my cousin has. Her mom had a tumor on her brain..My cousin had 2 children at that time and as much as she loves her girls they took a back seat to her mother who was sick. I know that it is not your father it is your husbands, but if you are in the same home as him, give him what he needs. Let the kids know that grandpa needs tending to, and that he was sick..That is what I would do..I understand that you feel that the kids may not be getting all of you, but tough times like this call for tough measures. Talk to your children maybe they can help you out.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I just lost my mother in August. She came to live with us to have heart surgery, did well and then had complication with Pulmonary Fibrosis. She was very ill. I have six children and I know it was hard on my husband and them. It was scary to the little ones. I too would get exhausted and even angry sometimes.It was a tough role to play. I would do it all over again if it were my mother or my any of my my husbands family members. A time of needing home care is not easy for the recovering person. You will be blessed for doing what you are doing. Take breaks and include everyone in as much as you can. My little girl loved "playing nurse" She even put a sign on the bedroom door lol. It helped though. Good luck!
    tries2bmom

Answer by tries2bmom at 11:19 AM on Mar. 5, 2009