Please Help!

My nephew has been sick and in the hospital, since monday. He has been spitting up, it comes out of his nose and mouth. Can't even keep pedialyte down. Sounds like he is very congested. Makes a really funny sound right before he throws up. The drs. can't find out what is wrong with him. He is only 5 weeks old. We know it isn't RSV, and well that is about it. His white blood count is normal, and runs only a slight fever every now and again. I thought it was acid reflux, (runs in family). But dr says it is only mild if he does has it. I told my sis to insist on the test. But anything else you ladies can think of? I don't know other than the acid reflux. Never had one to do this. Any of you have any ideas? I would appreciate them. Thanks

lovinmomto3

Asked by lovinmomto3 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Health

• Seriously..... my son (who is now 19) almost starved to death when he was small like that. They wound up eventually doing a test (forget the name - where they run a camera down his throat and look around)....they found an ulcer just under the flap that separates the esphagus and his stomach. They wound up saying he had Esophagitis and an ulcer.... treated him with Bethanical and Tagamet ( and he was 2 months old then).

He had LOTS of projective vomiting, lost lots of weight and started looking emaciated before they figured it out.

Good luck and I'm praying for the little guy.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:53 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My friends son had a small deformation at the start of the stomach. The flap that opened and closed over the stomach was actually pouch shaped and caused him to have reflux like symptoms with massive spitting up. Their doctor didn't figure it out until about 8 months and 16 specialists later...
    ND1984

Answer by ND1984 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• They did a ultrasound but didn't show up anything wrong. Anyone else got an idea. Thanks ND1984. I really appricate the help.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Could it be an allergy to the formula?
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2009